Friday, December 12, 2008

Year in Review...Entry #2

Okay, So I covered our NYC/NC trip, what to talk about next? Oh, how about our 17-year old visitor from Arizona...

In January, My sister-in-law Leslie moved in with us. She needed a change of scenery and we were all to happy to have someone to help out with the babysitting. She lived with us for the second half of the school year and was more than happy to head back to Arizona. It was a really good experience in a lot of ways. For one, it got us really into the habit of morning scripture study and regular family prayers. It gave me some insights into what I was probably like when I was younger, and probably prepared me more for when Scott gets a bit older. It was a little tough (on us and Les), having to fill the parent role occasionally (especially for Nell), I guess I'm better at stern...

Leslie was a great helper and was a nice presence in our home. There were certainly some tough times, but a lot of good times too. All in all, I think the whole thing turned out well, and she seems to be doing fantastic at home in the AZ.

BONUS:
If you ever get to have a teenager live with you, I recommend going to every parent-teacher conference possible. If you want someone to take you seriously, this might not be the place for you. I can't remember ever getting such odd looks, EVER.

No comments: