Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Very Merry Unbirthday!














Jaden and Daddy April 29, 2006- We were at
temple square because Nellie was shooting
some engagement pictures. We were both
soaking due to our previous romp in the Gateway fountain.


Rather than writing about the week in chronological order, I will instead talk about the most important thing, and then continue talking about other unimportant things. (HINT- If you want to avoid boredom, just read the first section)

Friday, the 28th was exactly sixth months to the day that our beautiful baby (or not so baby) boy came to live with us. We got up early and headed down to the Utah County courthouse. We arrived at 9:20ish and as we walked in, we noticed three or four signs stating no cameras were allowed in the building. Figuring it was worth a try, we opened our mouths and the security personnel simply said "Adoption?" "Go right on through." This was good, but it did make me wonder how safe a policy it really is, considering they let us walk through, and set off the metal detectors without even emptying our pockets. Oh well, we got there safe. The court episode lasted all of ten or fifteen minutes. The judge came in, we got sworn in, Nell gave some testimony, I gave a teeny tiny bit of testimony, and that was it. The judge even let us get some good pictures of us in the court. It was really exciting, but honestly more comforting than anything. He is now ours, and we can even get him on our medical insurance.

I thought the finalization would be an exciting day, but after our tender short moment in court, we went to Mimi's Cafe. At Mimi's Jaden went back to his normal behavior and life was back to normal. Things feel the same way they always have, but it is nice to know everything is done. I think Nellie and I are most excited for our temple sealing. We are going to be sealed in the Salt Lake temple on May 27th, and I think that will be the day I breathe a true sigh of relief.

This week Jaden has morphed into a puppy. What started as a game between he and Mom has become an almost full time character. He does typical puppy things, including the puppy kisses he gives his mommy nonstop in the morning. Our puppy is special also, in addition to the whimpering and barking that he has down, he also has the ability to become Super Puppy, and Gorilla Pup. Super Puppy came about when Nellie was working on his quilt, and Jaden found a chunk of train fabric. Drawing from a Thomas episode, he convinced Nellie to tie the 'cape' around him. Super Puppy is very photogenic, but most images are too high res for my computer. I have to get Nell to e-mail me a bunch of pics so I can post them. Gorilla pup is just Jaden playing a puppy with a gorilla mask on. It is pretty funny to watch.

In molding Jaden to become a cougar ultimately, I have taught him how to tackle. We play a game where I tell him I have the football, and he runs after me, wraps his arms, and I fall. I then reciprocate, and he gets tackled, albeit very gently. It is cute when he initiates the game and runs up to me and says "I got foo ball," and runs away. For the BYU fans out there, I am teaching him how to wrap up.

This week has been pretty good, but I don't really have much more to say. We love all of you, and hope you are all feeling well and doing better.

No comments: